- Volunteer Opportunities / Responsibilities: Prince George’s Child Resource Center is actively seeking volunteers!
Volunteers help us achieve our mission to create healthy and nurturing environments for children by supporting their families and educating their caregivers.
Prince George’s Child Resource Center appreciates the unique contributions of volunteers from our community and is a great place to donate your time.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE
• VOLUNTEER TUTORS give parents support and encouragement in meeting their learning goals. Volunteer Tutors provide the adult learner with one – on – one attention, encouraging the parent to feel and to be successful.
• VOLUNTEER MENTORS give parents support and encouragement in meeting their personal and parenting goals. Volunteer Mentors improve the parent’s follow-through on lessons learned at PGCRC and provide encouragement and support to improve the parent’s self-esteem and confidence.
• CHILD CARE/ CHILD DEVELOPMENT VOLUNTEERS provide child care to young children and assistance to Child Development staff who conduct enriching experiences for children aged 0-4. Child care volunteers enable these children’s parents to attend necessary classes at the Family Support Center.
• SHARE YOUR TALENTS/EXPERTISE VOLUNTEERS share their talents and/or expertise to provide enrichment activities to parents and children who participate in programs of the Prince George’s Child Resource Center. A volunteer might provide a musical performance or music classes for parents or children or might share his/her journey to achieve a certain level of education or a certain occupation.
• ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT VOLUNTEERS engage in meaningful volunteer experiences that will be helpful to the administrative staff in improving office functioning to meet program objectives. These activities might include helping with data management, fundraising, special events, marketing and social media, and assisting with child care provider trainings and other community programs.
- Types of Volunteers Needed: individual/adult; adult groups of less than 5; individual/high school; adult groups of 6 or more, including corporate teams; adult groups of 6 or more, including corporate teams
- Hours Needed: business hours during the week; evenings during the week; daytime on the weekend