- Volunteer Opportunities / Responsibilities: We have three primary volunteer opportunities.
DC EITC Campaign Opportunities (the DC EITC Campaign is run by CAAB):
1) Tax Preparer. Volunteer tax preparers prepare federal and state returns for low-income DC-area taxpayers. Tax preparers receive free training from the DC EITC Campaign, and are asked to commit to one volunteer shift per week (3-4 hours) for the course of our tax season (late January through mid April).
2) Savings Promoter. Savings Promoter volunteers work to connect the DC EITC Campaign's low-income tax clients with free financial services available in the city, including financial education classes, credit counseling, job training programs, and no-fee, low-minimum-balance bank accounts.
Other CAAB Opportunities:
1) Financial Educator. CAAB runs a regular 5-week Money Management 101 series taught by volunteers with experience in financial services, financial education, or other relevant areas. Classes include Setting Financial Goals, Budgeting, Understanding Credit, Knowing Your Rights, and Financial Institutions & Products. CAAB also hosts occasional financial seminars on other topics including, but not limited to, Savings & Retirement, Financial Planning for Young Professionals, Income Tax Essentials, and Saving for College.
- Types of Volunteers Needed: individual/adult; adult groups of less than 5; adult groups of 6 or more, including corporate teams
- Hours Needed: evenings during the week; daytime on the weekend